Programs will be considered in the following areas:
- Oncology training programs
- Cancer prevention, detection and treatment programs
- Nursing training programs and services
- Pharmacy training programs and services
- General medical support programs for cancer management
- Awareness and education for patients and community care providers
The program will focus on centers that meet these criteria:
- Senior physician(s) with knowledge and experience in oncology
- Qualified staff including nursing, pharmacy and (if applicable) radiation therapy professionals
- Recognized center, e.g. recipient of funding from host government, endorsement of program by Ministry of Health, member of regional or international consortium
- Partnership with an established medical center outside of the host country
- Knowledge and experience with compliance requirements
- Applicants with multiple funding sources are preferred
Grant details and terms
It is anticipated that most grants in this program would be $100,000 per year, although other grant amounts may be considered. The initial grant will be renewable for year 2, with up to 3 additional years based on progress reports and amended applications.
Grants will be provided to programs that have measurable short-term objectives but are also aimed at building long term capacity for cancer care. Programs must be consistent with the long-term health strategy for the location.
Additional details on grant terms and reporting requirements will be made available to recipients upon award. Other terms and restrictions apply and all grants are subject to execution of a grant funding agreement.
Note: Grants cannot be allocated for purchase of capital equipment or construction. Purchases of medicines may not be eligible for grant funding depending on jurisdiction.
You are invited to submit a Letter of Intent via email@example.com by March 1, 2018. Celgene will review the submissions and notify applicants whose programs meet the stated criteria to submit a full proposal. By June 8, 2018 full proposals must be submitted. Recipients will be notified of the awards in Fall 2018.
Guidance for Letter of Intent (no more than one page):
- Description of sponsor center and the partner cancer center in host country
- Description of facility, capabilities and staff
- Description of program for which grant is requested
- Type of program (see list under “Program eligibility” above)
- Objectives of program and unmet need addressed by program
- Preliminary budget allocation, anticipated sources of funding, and program timelines