Celgene employees enjoy a high level of benefits — befitting our most important resource. These benefits include opportunities for professional development and a wide range of wellness options.
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
Our success in achieving business objectives depends on the contributions of each employee. We’re committed to the professional and managerial development of all employees to meet both the changing demands of their positions and to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. These principles guide our employee development efforts:
- Managers must know the capabilities and aspirations of their people.
- Job assignments are used to develop our leadership and drive business growth.
- Feedback and rewards reinforce performance and developmental messages.
- Development occurs throughout one’s career and occurs company-wide.
- Managers are accountable for the vitality and diversity of leadership depth.
We encourage employees to take part in courses of study that enhance their general development and support continuous learning and professional development. This supports our philosophy of learning and development by advancing employees’ personal and technical development to help them achieve individual goals and corporate objectives.
Professional development opportunities also contribute to enabling employees to incorporate Celgene’s “Leadership Success Behaviors” — five practices of individuals who produce exceptional results — into everyday operations. In addition to formal leadership development programs, there are numerous tools available to help employees envision and plan for rewarding careers at Celgene. For example, My Career Profile is a robust career development tool that enables employees to consolidate their experiences and career aspirations in one place to facilitate employee and manager career discussions, allowing us to match our talent with the experiences and career opportunities that correspond to employees’ strengths and business needs.
Celgene’s investment in employees extends to their health and well-being. That’s why Celgene offers a number of healthy living programs, services, and educational opportunities. These opportunities include healthy food and exercise programs, and health programs both in the US and internationally.
Healthy Food and Exercise Programs in the US
- Health club reimbursement is available to eligible employees in the US and Europe. Fitness centers and group fitness classes are available at certain Celgene facilities, and certified fitness professionals are on staff at certain US Celgene facilities. In the US, we offer programs to support employees’ efforts to improve their health.
- Healthy food alternatives are provided in workspaces and at meetings where Celgene extends cafeteria services.
- US-based national webinars are offered that focus on various topics including organic foods, healthy heart programs, stress reduction, and the flu season.
- We provide support for soccer, softball, and other teams of employees that participate in local and community sporting leagues.
- On-site educational tables at select US locations cover topics such as anti- inflammatory diet, healthy eating on-the-go, and “ask the exercise specialist.”
- There are on-site nurse practitioners at select US locations.
Celgene United Kingdom
Health and wellness are addressed in the UK through monthly events supported by our Occupational Health partners at Managed Occupational Health (MOH). These events focus on personal optimal health and guidance around having a healthy work/life balance. Past monthly events have included “New Year — new you,” a health checkup, “Safe Summer Awareness,” annual flu vaccination, and the opportunity to book a private appointment with a doctor from MOH to discuss any personal health concerns. We also participate in national campaigns, such as Breast and Prostate Cancer Awareness months. Celgene encourages healthy eating options in our cafeteria, and provides free fruit daily. In addition to giving up to £450 per annum per employee towards any personal fitness activity of choice, we also invite health practitioners on-site to offer a range of complimentary services such as yoga classes.
Celgene Boudry, Switzerland
Each year, Celgene’s Boudry, Switzerland, location offers an on-site health fair that addresses health and wellness topics and has blood pressure, healthy eye, cholesterol, and balance checks. Informational sessions are presented by our Employee Assistance Program provider to address stress reduction, benefits of healthy eating, smoking cessation, and general program information. On a weekly basis, the Boudry infirmary is staffed by an occupational nurse and a doctor providing preventive medical checks, promoting good occupational health for Celgene employees, supporting absence management and occupational rehabilitation, and giving assistance and knowledge of the mandatory system and insurances.