Areas of Focus
Celgene will consider grant requests for both accredited and non-accredited continuing education; however, preference will be given to accredited educational programs. Please see below for a list of current independent medical education funding categories.
Independent Medical Education
|Psoriatic Arthritis||Available funding|
|Behcet’s Disease||Limited funding|
|Multiple Sclerosis||Available funding|
|Inflammatory Bowel Disease||Available funding|
ONCOLOGY / HEMATOLOGY
|Multiple Myeloma||Available funding|
|Myelodysplastic Syndrome||Available funding|
|Acute Myeloid Leukemia||Limited funding|
|MPD – Myelofibrosis||Available funding|
|Beta Thalassemia||Available funding|
ONCOLOGY / SOLID TUMOR
Grant Application Requirements
Supported programs must be independent, objective, balanced and scientifically rigorous. Grants cannot be tied, in any way, to past, present, or future prescribing, purchasing or recommending (including formulary recommendations) of any drug.
Types of educational grants eligible for funding:
- Live Programs – face-to-face activities, live webinars, live web-streaming, live teleconferences
- Enduring Programs – archived web-based activities, web or mobile based formats such as Apps, print resources
- Combined Live and Enduring Programs
Educational providers requesting Celgene educational grant funding must submit an application via the Celgene Grants website. The online application requires requestors to provide detailed information describing the program or activity for which funding is being requested.
Required attachments include:
- needs assessment statement stating the purpose/need for the program including knowledge or practice gaps the program will address
- budget (see ‘Budget Guidelines’ section)
- detailed program summary
- learning objectives
- program outcomes
- 501(c)3 status letter (if applicable)
- current W9 form (or W8 for non-US organizations)
Requests for grant funding must be submitted at least 60 days before the scheduled program start date. Applications for a post Congress activity must be submitted 60 days prior to the start date of the Congress in order to be reviewed by the grant committee. The website will not allow the submission of grant requests less than 60 days before the program start date.
While Celgene makes every effort to review grants in a timely manner, we can make no guarantees regarding the amount of time it will take to review a specific grant. Any request not approved prior to the program start date will be declined.
For purposes of the Letter of Agreement, please be aware the requestor (the party submitting the grant application) will be designated the program provider and the party receiving payment. The Letter of Agreement will be completed accordingly and will not be changed at any point in time thereafter.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Scientific Education department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Celgene grant applications require Celgene budget template which may be found on this page.
The budget template was developed to help consistently categorize the financial components of a program from activity planning to continuous assessment and reconciliation. Please use this template to provide all information of the total program costs of the program, including reasonable estimates of the cost of the grant-funded activities and itemization of all anticipated expenses.
Please note: Grants may be issued to support only the costs associated with the development, delivery or evaluation of the program, resources, or materials. For independent medical education grant requests, Celgene will not support meals where the estimated reach is less than 100 attendees. All faculty/speaker honoraria, lodging and meal costs are not reportable as long as there is no Celgene influence (direct or indirect) provided in the selection of faculty/speakers.
Items not considered for funding include:
- Travel, lodging, honoraria, registration expenses or personal expenses for attendees
- Compensation for attendees
- Lavish venues or meals (time at the meals or receptions should be subordinate to the amount of time spent at the educational activities of the meeting). Meals provided to attendees in conjunction with a program should be modest and in a manner conducive to a group educational environment (e.g., buffet).
- Grants may not cover solely the cost of meals. For independent medical education grant requests, Celgene will not support meals where the estimated reach is less than 100 attendees.
- Operating expenses (e.g., equipment, salaries, benefits, journal subscriptions, textbooks, business meetings, etc.)
- Staff/professional development
- Retroactive support
- Entertainment, sporting or social events
- Advertising space
- Promotional exhibits or display space
- Consulting or other services or goods provided to Celgene
- Programs where any of the speakers are Celgene employees (if accredited)
- Grants to any individual healthcare provider or group of doctors in private practice
- Other costs that are neither reasonable nor customary
Recipients of funding are required to submit a completed budget and outcomes reconciliation and return any unused funds over $100 to Celgene.
Grant Application Deadlines
Requests for grant funding must be submitted to Celgene via the grants website at least 60 days prior to the scheduled program start date. Applications for a post-Congress activity must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start date of the Congress in order to be reviewed by the grant committee.
Please note: The website will not allow for submission of grant requests less than 60 days prior to the program start date.
While Celgene makes every effort to review grants in a timely manner, we cannot guarantee the amount of time it will take to review a specific grant.
Request for Proposal
There are currently no RFPs. Please check back periodically for any updates.
Change of Scope
If the grant applicant organization is unable to execute the program as specifically approved by Celgene, a Change of Scope (COS) Request must be submitted via the Celgene grant website.
Requirements for a COS:
A COS is required if there are changes to the submitted program including:
- Additional funding is requested,
- Change from multi-support to single-support,
- Change to educational/program objectives,
- Change in program type/format (e.g., removal of symposium, new program design), or
- Change in audience type.
A COS must be submitted prior to the program start date that was provided on the grant application. Failure to notify Celgene prior to the start date of the event may impact future funding to your organization.
In circumstances where significant changes are made, the requestor may be required to submit a new grant request.
Please note: For program date changes only, a COS is not required; however, the Scientific Education department must be notified of the date change via email at: email@example.com.
Process to Submit a COS:
- Complete the Change of Scope form located on this page.
- Submit the COS form via the Celgene Grant System as outlined below. Please note: If you have additional documents to include with the COS form, please combine them into one PDF prior to proceeding.
- After logging in, select the grant ID for which the COS is needed.
- Click the ‘Change of Scope Request’ button.
- Click on ‘Choose File’ and attach the COS document.
- Enter comments in the box provided.
- Click ‘Submit’.
For further assistance, please email the Scientific Education department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Budget Reconciliation & Evaluation Outcomes
For any grant received, Celgene will require an accurate financial reconciliation report and program outcomes or evaluation report or summary within ninety (90) days of the program end date for live and enduring activities. Failure to submit a budget reconciliation and evaluation data may result in decline of future grant requests.
If you have already received a grant, to reconcile, please log into the system and select your grant from the “My Tasks” section. Please reference the User’s Guide for additional reconciliation instructions.
For further assistance, please email the Scientific Education team at email@example.com.