How can we best reach unreached communities of people and better address their needs through the 2016 Innovation Impact award program?
There are many, many reasons why populations of people may be unreached. There are those that know resources exist, want to be reached, but are unable to:
- Find the information they want
- Access and/or navigate technology
- Prioritize the search for information (time constraints)
- Identify questions to ask (become overwhelmed)
- Understand the information they do find (too technical)
- _________________________________ (your organization is likely aware of many more reasons)
There are also those that don’t know resources that may benefit them exist at all.
The Celgene Patient Advocacy team identified the following categories of unreached as a start, but your organization likely has more ideas about unreached populations and we welcome them in this year’s applications.
People may be unreached due to:
- Cultural background
- Socio-economic status
- Access to/understanding of technology
- Specific learning preferences (auditory vs. visual)
Unreached may also be specific populations such as veterans or those in the military, or they may be community healthcare providers, or those in rural and hard-to-reach locations.
Has your organization identified a community of people that are unreached? Share it with us and apply now!