Patient-Focused Advocacy Partnerships
The Celgene Patient Advocacy program collaborates with independent patient organizations that support and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. The work with these groups aims to strengthen the support for patients, from diagnosis to chronic treatment and end-of-life care. These collaborations are critical to achieving our common mission of improving the lives of the people we serve around the world.
Celgene’s Patients’ Partners is an outreach program launched at the end of 2011 and has been continuing since then. Through this program, Celgene’s senior management meets with experts on emerging issues and provides a forum for sharing ideas and discussions on how Celgene and advocates can work together to improve the lives of patients worldwide.
The Patients’ Partners program works to meet the needs of patients and their families by working toward the following goals:
- Advancing an ongoing discussion and exchange of information about issues important to patients through a series of online and in-person meetings.
- Accessing the knowledge and experiences of patient advocates to ensure that patients get access to critical life-saving therapies.
- Acting through sharing of information, encouraging collaborations and highlighting advocate programs and initiatives that address unmet patient needs.
Patients’ Partners works through various activities aimed at education and support of both patients and patient groups, and includes:
- The Pay It Forward Program, where funding is provided for internal capacity building and provides an avenue of shared knowledge and learning for necessary stakeholders.
- The Advocacy Council that supports the Patient Advocacy team and is represented and staffed by members of the community.
- E-newsletters and webinars that provide for education and knowledge for patients and advocacy stakeholders.
The Patient Advocacy Program will consider requests for sponsorships and donations for activities and initiatives from independent patient and professional organizations. Requests must be consistent with Celgene’s mission and focus areas.
To view information about eligibility, submission guidelines, requirements, deadlines and the application process, click here to view Application FAQ. Applications must be submitted 30 days prior to the start date of your program/event. Applications submitted less than that time-frame will not be considered for review.
For more information or to submit an application, please click here.