Research and Development
Developing innovative oral therapies that address the source of disease, not just
Solutions for managing complex human disease. Our discovery and development platforms for drug and cell-based therapies allow us to both create and retain significant value within our therapeutic franchise areas of cancer and inflammatory diseases. Our team of world-class scientists and physicians continue to expand and build on those platforms. Scientists and physicians at Celgene are the driving force behind our success, enabling target-to-therapeutic platforms that integrate both small-molecule and cell-based therapies. These platforms encompass the key functions required to generate a broad, deep and diverse pipeline, including:
- cell biology, genomics, proteomics and informatics technologies for identifying and validating clinically important therapeutic targets;
- high-throughput screening systems combined with diverse and focused compound libraries for discovering new drug leads;
- computational and medicinal chemistry for optimizing drug candidates;
- in vitro and in vivo models of disease for preclinical evaluation of drug efficacy and safety; and
- a clinical and regulatory organization highly experienced in the successful development of pharmaceutical agents.
The progress that Celgene has made positions it to expand and accelerate the development of several high-potential compounds that have emerged from its rich discovery programs.
Our growing investment in the development of immunomodulatory agents and cell signaling inhibitors, as well as in the development of cellular and tissue therapeutics, will allow us to provide physicians/clinicians with a more comprehensive and integrated set of solutions for managing complex human disorders such as cancer and inflammatory diseases.