Creating Strategic Alliances to Advance Development of Promising Therapies
Celgene discovery and development platforms for drug and cell-based therapies allow us to create and retain significant value within our therapeutic franchise areas of cancer and inflammatory diseases. Our team of world-class scientists and physicians are the driving force behind our success, enabling target-to-therapeutic platforms that integrate both small-molecule and cell-based therapies. These platforms encompass the key functions required to generate a sustainable pipeline of paradigm-changing innovation, including:
- Cell biology, genomics, proteomics and informatics technologies for identifying and validating clinically important therapeutic targets
- High-throughput screening systems combined with diverse and focused compound libraries for discovering new drug leads
- Computational and medicinal chemistry for optimizing drug candidates
- In vitro and in vivo models of disease for preclinical evaluation of drug efficacy and safety
- Gene expression signature analysis
The progress that Celgene has made positions it to expand and accelerate the development of several high-potential compounds that have emerged from its rich discovery programs.
Our growing investment in the development of immunomodulatory agents and cell signaling inhibitors, as well as in the development of cellular and tissue therapeutics, will allow us to provide physicians/clinicians with a more comprehensive and integrated set of solutions for managing complex human disorders such as cancer and inflammatory diseases.
The Drug Discovery & Alliance Development center in San Diego, CA is our hub for epigenetics and signaling research and development.